lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Where can I get documentation for lwIP

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Where can I get documentation for lwIP
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:16:36 -0000

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Dinesh Yaji wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am sorry if this has been asked before. I am trying
> to port lwIP to various hardware and was wondering if
> any documentation is available for the source code.
>
> The porting requires that I understand what diffferent
> parts of the source code do and I was wondering if any
> documents are available for this as reading through
> the source code is time intensive for a newbie like
> me.

In common with many software development projects documentation is little
thin on the ground, although not non-existent.  Have a look at the lwip
home page, and in particular
http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/documentation.html

Also, many people have done ports before, so the problems you will come
across have probably already been encountered, so check through the
archives of the mailing list at
http://www.sics.se/mailing-lists/lwip.html/

(It *still* hasn't been updated since 22nd Oct though - you have to go to
http://www.sics.se/mailing-lists/lwip.html/ to be able to view all the
messages, but without the interface)

Kieran