lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] sys_thread_new Newbie question

From: kevin stokes
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] sys_thread_new Newbie question
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:38:39 -0000

Greetings,
  I'm attempting to port lwIP to TI's DSP/BIOS operating system.

  So far, I'm very pleased with lwIP, and it looks like it will be perfect
for my application.

  The DOC says you can implement sys_thread_new() if you like.  Some
questions about that:

1.) If I want to start out without it, how do I go about specifying that, so
I don't have to implement sys_thread_new()?

2.) sys_thread_new() creates a new thread, but what destroys it?  Are we
supposed to implement code that knows when the (given) function returns and
then delete the thread?   If we don't explicitly delete the thread, then RAM
will be wasted..

Thanks for your time.
-Kevin Stokes