lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] A couple quick lwIP questions

From: Marc Wells
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] A couple quick lwIP questions
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:05:13 -0000

We have a need to implement a high speed network
interface on an embedded processor and I've been
looking into lwIP.  I'm hoping someone like Adam,
Florian or Paul who is very familiar with the system
can answer a couple of quick questions for me.

We need to implement only UDP, TCP/IP is overkill
for our purposes.  Our target system will likely be
a PowerPC with 64MB of memory running a proprietary
operating system.  The embedded system will act
strictly as a server responding to packets sent by a
remote client.

My questions:

1. Given the constraints (specifically, no TCP) is it
   possible to run the lwIP code with no timers?  We
   need all transactions be interrupt driven and don't
   want to spend the overhead for timers.

2. Would uIP be a reasonable candidate?  Code space
   is not an issue for us but latency and code complexity
   are.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this,

     Marc Wells
     Credence Systems Corp.
     Hillsboro, OR  USA
     address@hidden