lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] lwip-cvs-20011210 problems

From: Horst Garnetzke
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] lwip-cvs-20011210 problems
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:57:04 -0000

Hi,

after substituting our lwip 0.4.2 port with the actual cvs version
(from 6/12/01 and from today) I have some problems - perhaps
missunderstanding adams code :-)

1. the timer are running very fast
tcp_slowtmr(void) should be 500 ms - but in my system it's about 300 ms.
I havn't a real good idea for that. The only things I found are in the
new sys_arch_mbox_fetch() and sys_arch_sem_wait() functions:
These functions must return at least "1", even if they return immediately
because of waiting messages/semaphores; this may result in a wrong time
delay - or I am wrong?

2. repeatedly call of sys_sem_signal()
After setting up my tcp-echo application and getting an incoming call,
sys_sem_signal() will be called repeatedly from within tcp_slowtmr(),
->poll() without subsequent sys_arch_sem_wait() calls!?

The application works with the sequential api! All tcp data is received
and transmitted very well. After disconnection (from remote side) the
PCB stays in CLOSE_WAIT forever.

Adam: is your sequential api supported in the futere in lwip 0.5 and up?

/Horst

--
Horst Garnetzke                      address@hidden