lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Has anyone looked at porting lwIP to Redhat's E

From: Phil Dempster
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Has anyone looked at porting lwIP to Redhat's ECOS?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:17:47 -0000

> Ok :-) That should have been fixed by now...

Hmm...for some reason I still seem to get 2 copies of
your [Adam] messages - my email address is on the 'to'
list as well as address@hidden  Yet its OK from other
poster's on the mailing list.  Not a big deal anyway.

> 512k is quite a lot for running lwIP with a small
> web server. The one running
> at http://lwip-demo.sics.se/ has 100k flask and 10k
> RAM and works like a
> charm!

I was thinking of using Boa (http://www.boa.org/).
However, it uses select() which I'd need to add.  I
guess it wouldn't be too hard to copy the BSD
implementation.

As an aside, I have an issue with use of the the
select() call in Boa; IMHO it should use FD_SETSIZE
not OPEN_MAX.  Or maybe it just shows up a bug in
Cygwin...no-one seems to want to admit responsibility
anyway ;-)

> I'll se if I can get hold of the book, and perhaps a
> simple PPP might be
> found in future versions of lwIP.

I got James Carlson's minimal PPP code running in
about 10 minutes under Cygwin.  Again, I guess this
wouldn't be too hard to plug this in in place of the
VTUN driver.

Cheers,
Phil.