lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Startup and initializations

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Startup and initializations
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:07:30 -0000

Hi Mikael!

On Thursday 21 February 2002 15.36, you wrote:
> I would be really glad if somebody could give me some hints about the
> startup of the stack, init-functions and net-interfaces. I wonder about in
> what order things should be done. For example, I have noticed that
> netif_add can only be called from a lwIP-thread.

In what way do you mean that netif_add only can be called from an lwIP thread
(because it uses mem_malloc())? Since mem_malloc() uses the sys_sem_wait()
and sys_sem_signal() functions, it could (depending on the sys_arch
implementation) be problematic for non-lwIP threads.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam