lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Something about the object size of lwIP.

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Something about the object size of lwIP.
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:39:58 -0000

Hello,

the object files probably includes a lot of compiler specific debugging and
symbol information.

You should really look at the resulting binary executable file, after
stripping any redundant symbols from it.

Even better, have your linker report actual data and code segment sizes in
ROM/RAM.

In my case, 100 kB is about the size of our _library_ file; resulting
executables are more like 30 to 40 kB.

Regards, Leon.