lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] A problem with Windows NT, not with 95/98. Why?

From: Fabio Fumi
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] A problem with Windows NT, not with 95/98. Why?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:42:42 -0000

Hi everybody,
Any clue about the following problem I found with uIP,
which happens only with Win NT, 2000 or XP, not with
95, 98 and Me?
I can ping to the uIP address (192.168.0.2), but if I
try to access the web server I built upon it, by using
Explorer, the request never reach the http handler,
since an error is found at the IP level:

'ip: invalid version or header length.'

The VLH field of the IP header (version and header
lenght) is different from the expected value of 0x45 -
the only one accepted by uIP.
A stream of 0x75, 0xF0 and 0xEF values is received
instead, and I don't know how to the reason for this,
and why NT is different from 95.

What's the exact meaning of the VHL field? Is it
possible to handle those NT-type packets with uIP? Is
lwIP different from uIP in that sense?

Thanks for any help.

bye
 Fabio

Con Yahoo! vinci viaggi per i Mondiali FIFA 2002
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://lasfida.yahoo.net/