lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP and TUN/TAP on Linux 2.4

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP and TUN/TAP on Linux 2.4
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:48:12 -0000

Has anyone had any luck running the sim* targets on Linux kernel 2.4.x? It
seems the tunnel interface has changed significantly between 2.2 and 2.4. For
one thing it used to be /dev/{tap,tun}[0-3] and now exists at /dev/net/tun.

Is there any way to make this go? I'm quite interested in lwIP but would like
to see it running on a synthetic target before I start looking at embedded
hardware.

Thanks,
Shaun