lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] tcp flushing

From: Tim Newsham
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] tcp flushing
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:53:32 -0000

Hi,

   I'm issueing a tcp_write() of a small amount of data on a tcp pcb.
The data gets queued, but never goes out on the wire and the
tcp sent callback doesnt get sent.  The data remains queued
indefinitely until some incoming TCP data is received by the
stack.  At that point, the data is sent immediately, the remote
acknowledges it, and my sent-callback gets called.

Is this normal behavior?  I'm using the cvs sources from late october
(somewhere slightly before the 31st).  If this is normal behavior,
is there anything I can do to force tcp data to be flushed through
when making small writes?  Or better yet, is there some option to
make it nagle the data and send it out after a small timeout if there
is no other data being queued?

I have verified that the slow timer is being called.

Tim N.