lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] DHCP clean reinitialization?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] DHCP clean reinitialization?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:25:03 -0000

Hello Scott,

I have never thought that to be a (hidden) feature of lwIP, so no this
was not an issue on the to-do list (yet!).

Are you sure that calling the init()s will free all allocated resources
that are allocated when you start a re-init?

Hmm, when I think of it, yes, this seems to be true, as all mem*_init()
forget every memory resource previously allocated so the modules
themselves can just "forget" any references without properly free()ing
them.

Is this intentional? Maybe Adam knows?

>However, the new DHCP module doesn't appear to allow that. Specificially,
>the statically defined client_list is defined to NULL and not set as such
>when dhcp_init() is called.

I will patch DHCP so that it initializes the list to NULL on init(). It
won't break
anything. Thanks!

Leon.