lwip-users

[lwip-users] AW: [lwip] 100 bytes packet problem

From: Holger Fried
Subject: [lwip-users] AW: [lwip] 100 bytes packet problem
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:18:50 -0000

> am using lwip in my application that is designed to measure network
> performance using this stack. A peculiar behavior exhibits in the case when
> my application send a packet size  of 100 bytes. The problem is very fatal
> as
> in this case amout of data send by application is always greater than the
> actual data
> transmission . I tried to debug and i am getting data spilling over  in this
> if block
>
>     if(queuelen >= TCP_SND_QUEUELEN)
>     {
>         DEBUGF(TCP_OUTPUT_DEBUG, ("tcp_enqueue: too long queue %d (max
>         goto memerr;
>     }
>
> The bad thing is that my application does not get informed of this status.
> Thus
> the value of application sent bytes is not exhibiting the actual bytes that
> are sent in reality. The value of actual byte sent is quite less than the
> value of byte sent as exhibited by the application.
>
> Any help in this regard?????
>
> Mumtaz Ahmad

I had this problem too. In my case, the defines TCP_MSS, TCP_SND_BUF and
TCP_SND_QUEUELEN in lwipopts.h caused the problem.
TCP_SND_BUF %(modulo) TCP_MSS wasn't 0, but TCP_SND_QUEUELEN is defined like
this TCP_SND_QUEUELEN = 2 * TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS.
This is an integer value and the rest of the division is cut, so your queue ist
to small to take all the data.

I hope this can help you

Holger