lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Offtopic Realtek

From: Joel Baumert
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Offtopic Realtek
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:09:30 -0000

I wrote the SMSC LAN91C113 driver for the Rabbit and spend three or four
days chasing a misconfigured strobe... I usually blame software and usually
discover an software assumption wasn't quite right, usually after I have
blamed the hardware ;-).

Joel

At 04:09 PM 11/13/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>

> > I've said it before and I say it again under these conditions what you
>have described sounds a lot like a
> > hardware configuration problem.
> >
>I have experienced flipping bits as well once the number of wait cycles on a
>read operation to
>the cs8900a was too low, so I have to agree with the posters.
>
>I too suspected a software bug at first. In fact, the hardware settings
>where incorrectly set in the
>IDE options. Now, is that a hardware or software bug? :-)
>
>Regards, Leon.
>
>[This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

  Joel Baumert
  Zworld, Senior Software Engineer
  http://www.zworld.com