lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:16:56 -0000

Hello Paul, and others,

> yet. However, anyone is welcome to look at the code,
> provided you are going to help me make it better or
> port it to some new platform. I am mostly interested
> in people who are going to audit the code or verify
> its robustness. If they put in enough work, they will
> be allowed to use it in their own commercial projects.

I am interested. Just if it helps you figure, I am in my
last year of a MSc. in Information Technology Sciences,
specializing in (Realtime) Operating Systems.

Platforms I work on are the Infineon C16x RISC uC series
and the PowerPC 405x.

My aim is to have a stable and robust TCP/IP stack that
can be used from multiple threads, both privately as for the
company I work for.

> But my sources are constantly diverging from the main
> tree, so it's getting difficult to keep things in sync, or to
> submit patches. An suggestions would be welcome.

The question is whether you to invest some extra efforts
to submit back your experience and work. It costs some,
but you get things back in return.

There are a lot of issues to be resolved; and letting the
list know there is a problem has proven to be a fast way
to get the easier bugs fixed.

If you feel there are bigger, architectural level problems
(for example in the memory management), bigger
impact decisions can be made.

They have been made earlier, and it worked.

Regards,

Leon.