lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] CRC in PPP

From: Mr Mukhtar Azim
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] CRC in PPP
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:12:01 -0000

Hello,

I am writing PPP and plan to port lwIP to PPP. The
Current status is that a PPP is being written in ANSI
C employing the windows serial communication. The
state machine is almost complete. Packets are being
captured and sent properly. The PAP is under
development.

There is a standard CRC implementation in one of the
RFCs. The same can be used ( as I have done
successfully). I dont remember the RFC number and may
send later on.

Thx
Mukhtar
--- Adam Dunkels <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Friday 22 March 2002 12.29, you wrote:
> > Just wanted to know which CRC is used in
> PPP....... We have 16 bit CRC in
> > PPP field, so it should be 16 bit CRC...... Is it
> so? and please do let me
> > know how to compute that...... because the long
> division method which I
> > know is not giving me right results.
>
> I think it is standard CRC-16 which I think is
> calculated as x^16+x^15+x^2+1,
> but I'm not sure. There are numerous table-based CRC
> implementations out
> there, and they should be easy to find with google.
>
> Are you writing a PPP layer for lwIP?
>
> /adam
> --
> Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
> http://www.sics.se/~adam
> [This message was sent through the lwip discussion
list.]