lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Multiple listening pcbs

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Multiple listening pcbs
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:44:40 -0000

Hello Earle,

> Is it possible to have multiple simultaneous listening pcbs on the same
> port, e.g. port 80?

I am not sure what the current behaviour is. I _think_ you can bind several
PCBs to one local port, but only the first receives a packet and then
connects
with the remote address.

So, on multiple clients, each of those PCBs will connect to a client.

If you want all of your ports to receive a UDP broadcast packet, we need to
implement the BSD SHARE_PORT or SHARE_ADDR socket option.

Again, this is from heart, but these two issues should really be addressed
in
order to have lwIP act as a multi-client server.

Leon.