lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Regarding: TCP xfer Halting

From: Kevin Stokes
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Regarding: TCP xfer Halting
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:38:32 -0000

>  Looks like you have been successful in compiling lwip to run on apure
DOS.
>I would like to know what are the steps you
>followed with 0.5.3 version.  I am trying to compile it with Watcom C/C++
>compiler and running into problems.  Can you let me know what compiler you
>have used to run under DOS and what are the necessary steps and
>modifications to the makefile.

It was trivial to get running, thanks to the generous contribution of
Florian Shulze.  He created a version of LWIP with a makefile that works.
By default it is set up to use a standard Packet Driver for the network
interface.

You can download the entire zip including LWIP and a makefile that works
from the SICS download page:

http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/download.html

You will also have to download and install the free DJGPP free GNU compiler.

As far as getting it to work with Watcom C, I don't know anything.  When
porting to various compilers, it can be a hassle to get the include paths to
work, and as far as the compiled stack, the most important thing is to make
sure certain structures as packed correctly.

-Kevin Stokes

---