lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] UDP socket for writing only.

From: Adel Mamin
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] UDP socket for writing only.
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:38:28 -0000

Hello!

   I open an UDP socket then connect it using "connect" function - give the
lwIP information about server's address. And after all of that I use only
"send" function to send information I need.
   Now imagine that there are incoming datagrams addressed to this socket.
My program doesn't get them because it doesn't call "recv" function. As I
understand after some period of time incoming datagrams take all free pbufs
for the incoming datagrams and other sockets will not be able to receive
data.
   Is there any mechanism in the lwIP to avoid these situations?
   What is wrong in this entire scenario?
   May be the program always should call "recv" function after the opening
the socket? If so then as I see that my program will never return from
"recv" function till there are data for this socket received. In other words
it is a blocking call. Should I use another thread in multitasking
environment just for receiving an information through "recv"  function in
this case?

Adel