lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Question about ip_input

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Question about ip_input
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:33:47 -0000

OK, how about this: (using my own form of pseudo code)

netif = null
for netif list:
    if address match or broadcast match netif is set
if netif is still null
    Test for dhcp
       else (dhcp)
          forward packet

Do we really need to test for an interface with a zero address. I notice
that the DHCP code is setting netif to inp, so we are ultimately ignoring
the zero interface. Let the DHCP high-level protocol ignore the unwanted
DHCP packet if it get's one and we did not initiate a request.

What do you think?

David.

By the way, you could skip the entire netif lookup by using the routing
table. I have some example code which does this. It is more suitable for a
router implementation.