lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] uIP: writev() and tap

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] uIP: writev() and tap
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:19:21 -0000

Hello,

it seems that the tap device under Linux gets a packet per write. So the
writev in tapdev_send breaks one packet in 2. Well, I replaced the writev
with

  ret = write(fd,uip_buf,uip_len);

Even thinking "well, there must be a reason to use writev instead of
write"... I suppose it's because sometimes there's a "hole" between the
headers and the data.

Now arp and ping works. But httpd does not. The connection is established
but after the request it gets lost.

I tried the simulator with the writev and arp/ping/httpd dont work. Since
uIP is already tested and working, I think it may be a problem with the
simulator, or between my chair and my keyboard. :)

cheers,
Felipe