lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Porting lwip to AmigaOS and AROS

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Porting lwip to AmigaOS and AROS
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:41:35 -0000

Hi!

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 19:26, Sebastian Bauer wrote:
> I have begun to port lwip (0.5.3) to AmigaOS and it will probably be the tcp
> ip stack for AROS (look at www.aros.org for further infos about this OS).
> All works great for example I also written a primitive slip interface (based
> upon the source which is in the archive) and pinging the stack for example
> already works from outside.

Nice! Funny how uIP is being run on Commodore 64's and lwIP on Amigas
:-)

> I discovered that in principle you only need to implement the semaphores
> (besides the threads) as the mail boxes can be completly implemented with
> help of them - the mail box functions in the unix port only use the lwip
> semaphores for example (and also my port). So what do you think, would it
> makes sense to move the mailboxes out sys_arch.c so that it will be even
> more easier to port it to another platform? (maybe allow the porter to
> implement this as an option).

Yes, that is a good idea (that I think even has come up before). In
fact, I believe that all uses of mailboxes in the code should be
replaced with equivalent semaphore code. This gives better control of
the mailbox queue sizes as well.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>