lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP in a non-OS environment

From: Alexander Groß
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP in a non-OS environment
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:00:37 -0000

Hi Paul,

the problem is that I am not able to implement the operating system into my
network layer. I have to build a network layer (library) that can be linked
against *any* of our projects. All our projects do not support operating
systems and therefore it is not acceptable to change any line of source code
to add TCP/IP functionality to the project. The network API we use is a
company-wide standard and there are already implementations for RS-232 and
CANopen (a fieldbus with application layer).

The TCP/IP-based solution should be able to replace any other network layer
just by selecting another network lib without making changes to the source
code of the application.

Best regards,

Alex