lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] new etharp behaviour: no arp entry created for an i

From: Paul Sheer
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] new etharp behaviour: no arp entry created for an incomming SYN???
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:23:40 -0000

Hi there

I noticed a lag when connecting first time to lwip
(CVS tarball 20020529)

looking at the code, it seems the old behavior (where
ANY incmming IP packet would result in the creation
of an ARP entry) has been removed. Now etharp adds
arp entries only by explicitly sending an ARP request
and waiting for the reply.

Is there a good reason not to add arp entries for
an incomming SYN packet (for example)? That way
the server can respond immediately.

-paul

>From 1 July 2002 my new Tel is . . . . . . . . .  +27 21 686 9634
Paul Sheer Consulting IT Services . . . Tel . . . +27 21 761 7224
Email . . . address@hidden . . . . . . Pager . . . 088 0057245
Linux development, cryptography, recruitment,  support,  training
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer . . . . http://rute.sourceforge.net
L I N U X . . . . . . . . . . . .  The Choice of a GNU Generation