lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re[2]: [lwip] LWIP Patches and CVS [contact with Adam]

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: [lwip-users] Re[2]: [lwip] LWIP Patches and CVS [contact with Adam]
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:20:32 -0000

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:39:44 +0200 Leon Woestenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> Both Savannah and Sourceforge acceptation teams rejected lwIP because of
> the
> "original BSD" license.
>
> After this, I have asked Adam if it was possible to blend to the
> "official
> modified BSD"
> license, but I have had no response on this. (This was 1 or 2 weeks ago).
> Probably,
> such things have to go through SICS lawyers "layer" anyway.

I thougt this change was already done in a earlier version:

(0.4.1) Changes since version 0.4

  ++ Other changes:

  * API: all datatypes has been changed from generic ones such as
    ints, to specified ones such as u16_t. Functions that return
    errors now have the correct type (err_t).

  * General: A lot of code cleaned up and debugging code removed. Many
    portability issues have been fixed.

  * The license was changed; the advertising clause was removed.
  * C64 port added.

  * Thanks: Huge thanks go to Dagan Galarneau, Horst Garnetzke, Petri
    Kosunen, Mikael Caleres, and Frits Wilmink for reporting and
    fixing bugs!

> (In short, the original BSD license was modified by the director of
> Berkeley
> University
> as statement #3 was ambigious in the sense of "contributors").

Florian