lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] UDP port byteswapped between 0.4.x and 0.5.x ve

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] UDP port byteswapped between 0.4.x and 0.5.x versions?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:31:38 -0000

Hi Leon!

On Monday 11 March 2002 14.34, you wrote:
> I've set up both a 0.4.x and a 0.5.x lwIP source tree.
>
> When I switch to the 0.5.x one, on received UDP datagrams, the UDP remote
> port number is always byte-swapped in the pbuf.
>
> Was this an intentional change I've missed?

The change was intentional - version 0.4.x put the swapped port numbers back
into the datagram and used that to match for connections. The 0.5.x code
stores the swapped value in a local variable instead. I guess it seemed like
a good idea at the time. Do you think it was it a bad desicion? As long as it
won't change, I guess thinks works fine...

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam