lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] How to test Lwip?

From: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] How to test Lwip?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:59:50 -0000

Hi everybody!!

I've been working with Lwip under a UNIX-like OS (linux), and I've made a
kernel module which initialize the LwIP stack and waits for connections. I've
just modified the Simhost program to work like a module, but I can't use the
tapif in that case so I just initialize loopif. In that module I include the
udpecho. I want to test the stack writing another module which binds ip address
127.0.0.1 and port 7 and sends something, but it doesn't work.
Perhaps is because loopif needs to be attached with a hardware if such as
ethernetif and that's why it doesn't work.

Does anyone know how could I test that without implementing ethernet if????
Thank you very much.