lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] DHCP client license

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] DHCP client license
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:51:40 -0000

Hi all!

I have had my mind on other things than lwIP for the last few days, so I
haven't responded to any lwIP-related mails at all. If this has hampered
anyone's development, I'm really sorry about that.

Leon, I haven't had the time to look through your DHCP code, but I will be
glad to be able to include it in lwIP when you feel that you are ready!

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 16.43, you wrote:
> I would like to use:
>
>  * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>  *    notice(s), this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>  * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>  *    notice(s), this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
> the
>  *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>
> note the (s). Then I would simply add my copyright notice below the one
> of the Institute. I'm not sure if multiple copyrights are legal, so it
> might not be this simple.

It is perfectly OK with multiple copyrights on one source file - the
copyrights apply to the different parts of the file and it doesn't matter
that it is contained in one file. The FreeBSD source code is a good example
of this: a lot of the code is copyrighted by the Regents of the University of
California, Berkeley, but people have been adding code which is copyrighted
by their respective owners.

I guess the best way to go is the one taken by the FreeBSD project and just
add your copyright notice to the head of each file where you have copyrighted
code.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>