lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: [lwip] PPP module

From: Ivarsson Magnus
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: [lwip] PPP module
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:51:48 -0000

> why not try port one of the many existing implementations?
Good question, mainly because I didn't want it to be massive.

I've got inspired by the Motorola application note AN2120 which didn't seem
very heavy. It soon enough turned out that it was a bit to slim and it didn't
work properly either. I'm not saying that our implementation is very good
either, but at least we have it running against a Swedish GPRS operator as well
as running as a PPP server.

It has taken a little bit more time than I expected to get it to this point but
there is not very far to go until it is a proper PPP. The issue is that today
all negotiations are done in sequence, without timeouts. But the corrections to
make it use a state machine like the one in the RFC is laid out in my head ;)
But before that I'm using it as is - so far it is working well enough for my
purposes.

/Magnus
 Magnus Ivarsson
 Volvo Technology