lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: Zero copy pbufs (Re: [lwip] Memory leak and queued pac

From: Martin Glunz
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: Zero copy pbufs (Re: [lwip] Memory leak and queued packets inetharp.c)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:04:59 -0000

Adam Dunkels wrote:

> Adding a PBUF_REF type sounds like a very good way to do it. A callback
> probably is the best way to handle the notification when the memory can
> be reused.

Good idea, but I think we'll need a function in the synchronous api
like "wait_for_memory_referenced_by_netbuf_to_be_reusable(netbuf)" and a
flag (ROM or REF) for the netbuf_ref() call. Or two functions like
netbuf_rom() and netbuf_ram().
I believe one of the goals of the sync. api is to avoid callbacks from
lwip to the app.

Martin Glunz