lwip-users

[lwip-users] Reporting vs. patching bugs

From: Robert
Subject: [lwip-users] Reporting vs. patching bugs
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:44:43 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Yup, and even those working on lwIP (also) during their job time are not
> payed to solve bugs experienced by other people as first priority
> (speaking for myself I will only spend time fixing a bug if it affects us
> now, or might affect us in the future, or if a patch fix is submitted).
>
> This may shound rash, but pls. try to fix bugs yourself and send the CVS
> committers as much info as you can (including patches that fix the bug and
> do not introduce new ones). Practise shows that CVS committers show
> interest and time in maintaining the code and applying patches.

Seaking only for myself.  The bug I found does *not* affect me or I would
have fixed it.  The reason I reported it was not to try and induce someone
else to fix it, but just to alert someone else who may be affected by it
so as to save them time from trying to figure it out.  I also wanted to
get my note in the mailing list archive, to perhaps help someone in the
future.

Generally I search the mailing list archive for messages about bugs when
something is not working, I assume that some other people do the same
thing.

--
Best Regards,
Robert