lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Debug code

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Debug code
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 12:53:42 +0100

> Excuse a newbie, but shouldn't debug-information be printed to std_err so
> that it becomes flushed out directly? It sounds like overkill to lock the
> scheduler for such a trvivial task. I'm probably wrong but I was just
> wondering.

I was assuming an embedded system where debugging is not Unix-alike.

In our case, this means printing to a display, or printing to UDP debug
messages that we examine externally on the network.

The point I wanted to make is that printf()ing to a single line does not
ensure the printf() call isn't pre-empted. This is aside from issues such
as any output stream buffers, flushing or std_err.

Leon.