lwip-users

[lwip-users] sys_thread_new() with priority

From: Zschocke, Florian
Subject: [lwip-users] sys_thread_new() with priority
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:45:42 +0100

Hi all!

I have another suggestion to make. :) I would like to be able to pass a
priority parameter to the sys_thread_new() function so that threads can be
started with different priorities. Like so:

sys_thread_t sys_thread_new(void (* thread)(void *arg), void *arg, int
prio);

I am unsure of what is the best way to make such proposals. We are trying to
change only few things in the actual lwIP code to stay compatible with it
and make later merges with updates easier. Thus we are very interested in
getting such changes/features that we need merged back into the lwIP code
base (as Marc mentioned earlier).

>From other projects I am used to discussing changes like the above (or
others that I have mentioned on this list before) among project team members
and developers before they get included. This list is usually rather low on
participation when it comes to this, at least that is my current impression.
So, would it be better if I just make changes to the code and submit them as
patches, hoping for them to be included at some time? What would the
decision process be on whether something gets included or not? What I am
trying to prevent is me doing work, (probably basing other work on it) but
not being able to tell if may get turned down in which case I would have had
to find a different solution.

Florian.