lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP Send Queue

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP Send Queue
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:21:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Zschocke, Florian wrote:

> So what am I missing here? Why impose a limit on the queue length at all
> when the send buffer space is already limited?

Hmm, not sure.  Could it be some sort of fairness thing?  Because the
number of pbufs are limited if they were all allocated and placed on the
send queue the stack would grind to a halt (there would be none available
for incoming packets).

I'm just guessing now, as this wasn't a bit of code I implemented.  The
only person who could definitively answer this is Adam, but if anyone has
any sensible ideas lets hear them!

Kieran