lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Upgrading to 0.6.1/2

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Upgrading to 0.6.1/2
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:22:55 +0200

Hello Peter,

thanks for your feedback.

Will mention this in the docs.

For others, pls. use either the
- cs8900if driver in contrib/ports/c16x
- coldfire driver

I will add a hw_addr_len assert as well.

Leon.

Peter Graf <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

25-04-2003 10:58
Please respond to Mailing list for lwIP users

        To:        address@hidden
        cc:

Hi,

>Just an update for anyone upgrading from lwip 0.5.3.  One thing to make
>sure is that you notice
>that sys_arch_mbox_fetch and sys_arch_sem_wait now return 0xffffffff
>instead of 0 for timeouts.

Well, that was quite obvious ;-) It is nicely documented, so it was one of
the first things I changed.

Much less obvious are the necessary changes in ethernet drivers. The
example ethernetif.c just says
that it isn't up to date anymore. I had a quite hard time to get my driver
from 0.5.3 to 0.6.2.

Among several other things it is important to have a close look at struct
netif (netif.h) and take
care that all entries are initialized, e.g. hwaddr_len (!). Also it can
hardly be avoided to read
etharp.c.

I'm not sure which Ethernet driver is most up-to-date and may be
recommended as an example, but
for me, a look at the Coldfire implementation was helpful when going from
0.5.3 to 0.6.2, rather
than the Unix port.

In general, I like most of the changes in the lwIP structure. The
portability has improved from
release to release. Thanks to all contributors for their work!

All the best
Peter