lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Found bug in pbuf.c

From: Norbert Oertel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Found bug in pbuf.c
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:06:13 +0200

> > isn't a pbuf_free(p) missing after the pbuf_chain(q, p)
> > in src/netif/slipif.c:slipif_input() ?
> >
> I think you are right.
I think so, too.

> But studying this code, isn't q _always_ NULL once the if
> condition is evaluated?
No, only the first time. After this a pbuf has been allocated and has been
assigned to q (which is the head of a pbuf chain).

What does happen if the byte stream doesn't has SLIP_END characters inside?
In my opinion the function will never terminate! Shouldn't the mtu be used
to force end of packet and a return in this case?

Regards,
Norbert