lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ping out?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ping out?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:59:09 +0200

Hello,

> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Zschocke, Florian wrote:
> > This raises another question I was wondering about: who of the lwIP
users is
> > using the raw API, who is using the lwIP API and who is using the BSD
socket
> > API?

We are using the raw API on one application/product, which has a main() loop
and many state machines driven from that.

Also, we have developed our own uCOS-II socket layer, as I did not trust
correctness of the stackin concurrent pre-emptive environments. (I still
don't).

> I am using the RAW API for OpenEZ.  I think it's the best way to go with
> embedded systems.

The raw API is basically a state driven approach, the socket approach
corresponds with a multithreaded, blocking approach, IMHO.

Depending on the size and complexity of your existing application, either
one makes sense I guess.

Leon.