lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UDP performance

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UDP performance
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:59:17 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking on how to improve the general perfromance of lwip.
> Some small changes could give big improvements.
>
> E.g. The udp pcb matching code loops twice. First to find
> a fully matching PCB, and once again for a partial match.
>
> It shouldn't be too complicated to change this to using
> a single loop. Store the partial match if found, and
> continue to improve on that until a full match is found.

Seems sensible but I doubt it'll make much difference.  It could improve
performance if the system is using a large number of PCBs.  Have you seen
a noticable drop off in performance as the number of PCBs increases?

> There is also some "dead wood" commented in #if 0 #endif,
> can this be removed? It makes the code less readable
> and may be a source for future bugs...

Yes, we should try and make sure that this is kept to a minimum.  CVS
should avoid the need to keep old code around in the current source.

Kieran