lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Blocking functions questions

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Blocking functions questions
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:38:11 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Konrad, Guido wrote:

> I am using 0.6.3, but going through the API differences I assume that
> there is no real difference to 0.6.4.
> How do I enable non blocking support?

Use setsockopt() in the same way you would if you weren't using lwip.  It
looks like nonblocking semantics are only supported for read operations at
the moment (ie. not for writing or accepting new connections.)  You may
find if that's not good enough that select() is more appropriate (which
you should be able to use in a non-blocking way for all operations).

Kieran