lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] help getting started with lwIP

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] help getting started with lwIP
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:48:24 +0200

> 1) What is the latest and/or stable release of lwIP and how do I get
> it? I can not tell from browsing the CVS server what to tag to use.
the latest release is 0.6.4 I think and should be in the file download
area on savannah.Alternately you can check out the lwip module from CVS
preferably the devel tag if you want the latest.There's the stable tag
which is a copy of devel of about 2 months ago.

> 2) When getting a "version" of lwIP out of CVS, how do I
> match-up/coordinate the versions of the lwip, contrib, and lwiphtml
> modules?  Browsing the CVS server, I noticed that there did not appear
> to a single tag that "worked" for all modules.  Caveat: I am not a CVS
> user, so it may just be pilot error.

Indeed this is the situation.Port maintainers try to have the latest
contrib module working with the latest devel version of CVS so if you
check them both from CVS they should work.

> 3) What is good example for implementing the 'netif' interface for my
> target boards?  Going through the code, the example/skeleton file for
> netif has comments about not being in sync with the latest version of
> etherap.c
Look at the tapif in unix and the c16 and coldfire drivers those should
be are up to date.

> 4) Should I want for next stable release?  There is not a rush for
> port and if there is pending interface changes, with respect to
> platform dependent portions, I rather wait a few months then go
> through the porting exercise twice.

As Kieran said there's no reason to wait. Major changes (if any) are
more likely to happen in the system independent parts.

Jani