lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] sys_timeout handler will not be called

From: John Taylor
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] sys_timeout handler will not be called
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:06:53 -0500

>On Behalf Of Jani Monoses
>
>I did some tests on ecos today and until I made sys_timeout use
>statically allocated timeouts (so not calling memp) it crashed when
>using lots of timers which fired very quickly.
Question - why does calling memp frequently crash the system?  Is the
buffer pool being exhausted and the code is not properly handling the
out-of-buffer condition?  Or is there bug in the memp code itself that
does not show up until the memp code is put under stress as in the your
test above?

>I propose changing sys_timeout to work with timeout structures
>preallocated by the user both for performance and correctness.
I agree completely with this change - but more for performance aspects
of the change.