lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RE: lwip-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 8

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RE: lwip-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 8
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:25:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Eric Shufro wrote:
> Can the raw api be used in a multi threaded environment?

Of course.  What I do is have the lwip code running as it's own thread.
Then I use a message passing scheme to "ask" lwip to send packets.  A
different set of buffers are used by the callbacks to pass received
packets to the various threads that respond to the connections.

If you run multiple threads you just cannot have each of them calling lwip
directly.  But you can use some kind of technique so the calls are
serialized.

--
Best Regards,
Robert

Join the fight against spam, support the do-not-email list.