lwip-users

[lwip-users] Closing a connection

From: Robert
Subject: [lwip-users] Closing a connection
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:42:31 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know the proper/best way to close a connection which using the
"raw" interface?

In my application, I am using "heartbeat" messages to more quickly
determine if packets continue to be able to be passed between client and
server.  Once I detect that the hearbeats messages have stopped arriving,
I issue a tcp_close();  I would expect that would cause the connection to
be shutdown.  tcp_close() figures out that the connection is in the
established state, and so then sends a TCP_FIN.  After a very long (15
minutes?) delay, this finally results in a call to my err callback
routine, which cleans things up.

Is there a better/faster way?  Perhaps setting the state to syn_sent
before calling tcp_close() for example?

--
Best Regards,
Robert

Join the fight against spam, support the do-not-email list.