lwip-users

[lwip-users] Crash in ip_init and very slow ping times

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] Crash in ip_init and very slow ping times
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:34:06 -0400

I have lwip 7.1 working (barely) with ucos-ii and a Motorola hcs12 micro-controller.

I have some questions.

First, it crashes within ip_init when a dhcp response arrives.

I noticed ip_init checks to see if netif == NULL and in this case, the netif is not null.

Why would lwip check for a null netif when receiving a dhcp response message?

Also, I know this may be more of an open ended question, but why on earth are the ping times soooo slow!?

When I wrote a custom protocol stack in motorola assembly, I was getting ping times of <1ms on the same hardware platform. Additionally, when I look at the cpu utilization, it doesn’t seem very busy, even when generating responses.

Thanks for the help.

--Eric Shufro