lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Recent tcp_rexmit() changes

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Recent tcp_rexmit() changes
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:48:18 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Sam Jansen wrote:
Changes I made:
* Added a tcp_rexmit_rto function that is a clone of the old tcp_rexmit function * Made sure this function was called AFTER cwnd is set to 1 mss in tcp_slowtmr
* Uncommented the old code which allowed acks to ack data in the unsent queue
* Made a small modification to tcp_output which checks the sequence number of the packet just sent. This was needed because a packet sent with a fast retransmit would end up on the end of the unacked queue, even though it should be at the start of the queue.

I was beginning to have similar thoughts regarding slow start, the ordering of cwnd mods, and retransmits from looking at the code while checking out SACK.

Attached is a diff. I made it against the stable version, but it looks like it applies fine to HEAD.

Sounds great. Will take a look and apply when I get the chance. Thank you!

SACK support will only be a compile time option, there if you think you need it, and so anyone who doesn't will be able to remove it completely from their build.

Cheers,

Kieran