lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SMSC LAN 91C111 vs Davicom DM9000

From: Craig Graham
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SMSC LAN 91C111 vs Davicom DM9000
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:00:51 +0100

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 10:48, Nishen Naidu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are currently looking to purchase either the
> SMSC LAN 91C111 or the Davicom DM9000 for use with the lwip stack.
> Any idea which ethernet controller would be better?
> Also, does anyone have the lwip ports that uses these ethernet controllers?
>
> Thanks
> Nishen

Just got back off my holidays (hence the delayed reply to this one....).

I'm using the SMSC91C111 part with LWIP (on a PPC405 based IBM Vulcan) with no
problems......I'd post our driver, but as it's just based on code poached
from the one in IBM's OpenBIOS code, there's no real benefit to it......

It's not as straightforward to program for as the Davicom part (but I didn't
make the decision on which chip to use - apparently we got a good deal on
volume pricing that made the SMSC part more attractive).

Laters,
Craig.