lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip + ucos hallelujah

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip + ucos hallelujah
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:26:35 -0400

OK -

Thank you everyone for your time, so far it has been tremendously helpful.

I finally have lwip working pretty well with ucos-ii and the cs8900. (so far
only tested icmp though).

However, I still have plenty of uncertainties.

1st) - about those timers... It would be nice to group them all into 1 task,
even with the driver included, but conceptually, how is this done?

Do I create a task and suspend the thread for the shortest timers amount of
time, and then count how many thread suspends ive had and therefore know
when to kick the larger timers? Ex 4*250ms = 1 second. So kick the 250ms
everytime the thread delay times out, and then every 4 of those kick the 1
second timer?

Also, including the cs8900 driver in the same task would only cause
performance problems if the thread is sleeping during the timer timeout
periods right? - so, with regard to the last email, how do you put them all
together in 1 task? - are there any threading problems with having the
timers separate from the application, separate from the cs8900 driver, and
separate from the tcpip thread?

Lastly, using the least amount of memory possible, I guess I am supposed to
use direct calls to the tcpip api? (no netconn or anything like that) -

How is that done exactly, and which callbacks have to be setup?

Thanks a million, happy lwip'ing.

-eric