lwip-users

[lwip-users] timers

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] timers
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:00:14 -0400

Does this piece of code actually result in the calling of a timer, or is it
just for informational services to lwip?

sys_timeout(DHCP_FINE_TIMER_MSECS,
       (sys_timeout_handler)dhcp_fine_timer, NULL);

I traced through it and don't see any place where it actually causes a
timeout via semaphore or system timeout (like ucos-ii's ostimedly()).

How does this work, and how should the timers actually be called, and what
other calls are involved.

Currently I am just outright calling the timers since the above code seems
to have no timeout and function call effect.

Thanks.

--eric