lwip-users

[lwip-users] Closing a client connection via (flags & TCP_FIN)

From: Tom C. Barker
Subject: [lwip-users] Closing a client connection via (flags & TCP_FIN)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:41:19 -0700

Hello,

Currently I have an SMTP client which closes its connection
via a poll method: when the connection is in CLOSE_WAIT,
the poll method will perform tcp_close. This algorithm is
the only example I have seen (when using tcp_connect
to get the conversation started).

I was considering working around all of the polling by making a
call to TCP_EVENT_RECV(pcb, recv_data, ERR_OK, err) where
the _RECV function would notice the connection in CLOSE_WAIT
and would call tcp_close. Alternatively, could I just call tcp_close()
instead of the _RECV function?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Tom

tcp_in.c:

  case ESTABLISHED:
    tcp_receive(pcb);
    if (flags & TCP_FIN) {
      tcp_ack_now(pcb);
      pcb->state = CLOSE_WAIT;
      TCP_EVENT_RECV(pcb, recv_data, ERR_OK, err);  //call the application to close
      tcp_close(pcb);
    }
    break;