lwip-users

[lwip-users] mem_malloc()

From: Aidan Hammel
Subject: [lwip-users] mem_malloc()
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:40:04 -0000

Hi,
I'm running lwip on a single threaded (no OS) system. I'd like to allocate some memory to store some received data with something like:

u8_t *ptr_data;

ptr_data = malloc(data_len * sizeof(u8_t));

malloc seems quite happy to allocate more memory than is available, leading to crashes. I'm guessing I need to use mem_alloc (in mem.c). However simply substituting malloc for mem_alloc leaves prt_data as NULL.

Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong? Is mem_malloc the right function or does it do something completely different?

Thanks,

Aidan