lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ignition and start off...

From: franz keuner
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ignition and start off...
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:04:43 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

my hardware consists of the phyCORE-167 HSE with C167CS and the CS8900A
10Base-T Ethernet Controller. (Software Tasking Embedded Development
Environment (EDE) v.2.7r5)

An executable example program was delivered together with the board. This
program is working and using the Ethernet controller. So in principle the
hardware is working.

My first steps so far were downloading the lwIP stack (1.0.0) and the
contrib (0.7.1) package.
My file structure:
/lwIP/  c167/ include
            / netif
/lwIP/  lwIP-1.0.0/ doc
                  / src

I created a new project using Tasking with all the files in the above
mentioned directories (ca. 100 files) and I configured the BUSCON and
ADDRSEL registers as described in the manual for the phyCORE board.

What I want to do now is implementing a main function which realizes the
described event loop to handle incoming packets and timer events.

And if my main function and the whole project respectively compiles I will
flash the program on the board and try to ping it.

Do you think that’s the right way?

Thanks and regards,

Franz

ps. I’m a little bit confused about the lwipopts.h (which isn’t part of the
files I downloaded) / opt.h discussion in the mailing list.  Do I have to
deal with the files at that point in order to get the stack working or is it
a matter for later optimization?

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!